Dr. Du earned a bachelor’s degree in Life Science from National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan. She pursued her PhD studies in Dr. Bruce Stillman’s lab at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and discovered a regulatory mechanism that coordinates cell proliferation with DNA replication and ribosome biogenesis. She conducted her postdoctoral work on tumor metastasis using transgenic mouse models with Nobel Laureate Dr. Harold Varmus at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Scholar-in-Training Award, AACR
- President's Council of Cornell Women Affinito-Stewart Award
- Career Development Award, Department of Defense
- Breakthrough Award, Department of Defense
- Rasweiler Family Research Scholar in Cancer Research