Career Services Mission
The mission of Career Services at Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences (WCGS) is to provide comprehensive vocational support to our students through regular and special programming as well as individualized career coaching. By partnering with faculty and administrators, as well as student groups, we offer tailored services and resources targeting the unique career needs of WCGS students. Finally, developing relationships with relevant employers helps us to enhance industry exposure and promote the strengths of WCGS students as they enter the working world.
Career coaching is an opportunity to talk with a career professional regarding your vocational planning, strategy, and goals.
- In these student-directed half hour appointments, you might discuss your career plans (or lack thereof), review your resume, learn how to write a cover letter, practice interviewing, develop a networking strategy, walk through what to expect in a salary negotiation, or discuss any other career-related topic.
- To schedule a career coaching appointment, please email Dr. Aubrey Leukart at AUL4001@med.cornell.edu.
Drop-in hours are available weekly from 12pm-1pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in 1300 York, Rm A139 (prior appointment not needed)
- In these brief discussions, you can address quick career-related concerns, such as how to write a thank-you note, how to answer a specific interview question, or how to format your CV.
- Please note that these conversations will last for five to ten minutes - for more in-depth conversations about your career, please schedule a regular half-hour coaching appointment.
The Career Development Workshop series addresses common career development concerns for biomedical graduate students.
- Workshops include Job Search Basics, Resumes & Cover Letters, and Interviewing & Networking.
- Workshops last approximately one hour, and each unit will be offered twice per semester.
- For exact dates and times for the Fall 2018 semester, click here.
To request a workshop for your class, student club, or other event, please email Dr. Aubrey Leukart at AUL4001@med.cornell.edu. Please note that at least two weeks’ notice is required for event requests; events outside of regular business hours, or those with an anticipated attendance of ten students or less, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.