Our goals are to train the next generation of scientific leaders in biomedical research by:
- Positioning our students to make innovative scientific discoveries
- Showing them how to work in laboratory, local and global communities of scholars, with science as a bridge across national, cultural, political, religious and ethnic identifications
- Matching them with skillful mentors who guide them to independence and support them thereafter
- Equipping them to compete in the biomedical workforce and related areas with strong skills in multi‐disciplinary technologies; in the analysis, visualization and statistical evaluation of data; and in written and verbal communication
- Developing in them habits for life‐long learning that grows in depth and breadth
- Inculcating in them principles of ethics, honesty and rigor in research
- And preparing them to articulate, defend and demonstrate the value of evidence‐based reasoning in civic life and public policy.
We welcome those who want to share in this endeavor.