Ph.D. application for the 2019 academic year is now closed.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting a PhD Application
The GRE is optional for the Allied BCMB program, Immunology & Microbial Pathogenesis, Neuroscience, Pharmacology and Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology Programs.
- Applicants for admission must be graduates of an accredited college or university, and must show evidence of their abilities for advanced work as indicated by their scholastic records, training and experience.
- All application forms and supporting documents can be submitted online. You will be asked to submit or upload:
- Unofficial transcripts of all previously attended colleges and universities. An official transcript will be requested from accepted students prior to matriculation.
- Foreign Transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated by WES (World Education Services) Academic Evaluation Services, Inc., or Globe Language Services if you need your transcript translated to English.
- GRE scores are optional for all the PhD programs. GRE scores are only valid for five years after the test date. Please list your GRE scores in the application. Additionally, official scores must be sent directly to the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences by the Educational Testing Service. The Institution Code Number is 4132. Please visit http://www.ets.org/gre for more information and to register for the test.
- TOEFL scores are required for all international students who do not qualify for an exemption (see below). TOEFL scores are only valid for two years after the test date. Register to take the TOEFL at http://www.ets.org/toefl. The Institution Code Number is 2119.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals who are in a position to judge your preparation and fitness for graduate work in the proposed program(s) of study. Letters must be submitted electronically as instructed through our online application.
- An application processing fee of $95 will be charged through the BioMedCAS application system
- Please make sure your application and all supporting materials, including letters of recommendation are submitted by the December 2, 2018 deadline to guarantee review.
The English language proficiency requirement may be waived if an applicant meets at least one of these criteria:
- Is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, or a citizen of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or Canada. Applicants who are citizens of India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. are not exempt from the requirement.
- At the time you enroll at Weill Cornell, you will have studied in full-time status for at least two academic years within the last five years in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand, or with English language instruction in Canada or South Africa. Even if English was the language of instruction at your school, if you did not study in one of these countries you are not exempt from the requirement. You must submit a transcript that shows you attended college in one of the approved locations, and that your academic program was at least two years in length.