Funding cutting edge science is an ongoing task, and with the help of their mentors, BMCB students are rising to the challenge. Congrats to:
- Jinnie Kim (Jiang lab) who was recently awarded a place on this year’s Molecular and Cell Biology T32 training grant, led by Dr. Anthony Brown.
- Samantha Regan (Jasin lab ) who was recently awarded a place on this year’s Developmental and Stem Cell Biology T32 training grant, led by Dr. Heidi Stuhlmann. Learn more about Weill Cornell’s many T32 awards here.
- Dianne Lumaquin (White lab) who was awarded an NIH F30 fellowship from the National Cancer Institute.
- Andrew Minotti (Studer lab) who received a Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Individual National Research Service Award F31 fellowship.
- Stefan Torborg (Tammela lab) who was awarded an F30 fellowship from the National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute.
- Sylvia Zohrabian (Intlekofer lab) who was awarded a Department of Defense Horizon Award Fellowship.
- Helene Jahn (Menon lab) who was recently awarded a Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds PhD Fellowship.
- Nevin Yusufova (Ari Melnick lab), who has been awarded a Department of Defense Horizon grant under the title “Linker Histone Mutations Mediate Lymphomagenesis through Novel Chromatin Mechanism.”
- Gina Tomarchio (Prasad Jallepalli lab), Mitchell Martin (Vivek Mittel Lab), Bryce Delgardo (Stephen Long lab), Joseph Visone (Kirk Deitsch lab), Jennifer Endress (John Blenis Lab) and Samuel Kaplan (Danwei Huangfu Lab) for being awarded a place on this year’s Molecular and Cellular Biology Training Grant, led by Dr. Anthony Brown. Learn more about the many T32 training grants here.
- Jessica Sam (Todd Evans lab), Jossie Yashinskie (Lydia Finley lab), and Jonathan Pai (Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis lab) for being awarded a place on this year’s Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Training grant, led by Dr. Heidi Stuhlmann. Learn more about this T32 training grant here.
- Tapojyoti Das (David Eliezer lab), who was awarded a Trainee Scholarly Exchange Grant from Weill Cornell as part of the recently established Academic Integration Initiative. Tapojyoti will use this award to spend one month studying in the Baird/Holowka lab at Cornell’s Ithaca campus in early 2018. The cross-campus initiative is open to both graduate students and postdocs.