Video Recordings of past lectures viewable by members of WCM community only.
Initiated by Dean Nathan, the Science and Society Series features a number of lectures designed to promote students' familiarity with science outside of biomedical research and an appreciation of scientists' civic roles and responsibilities.
The lectures encompass a broad range of topics described below.
Beyond Biomedicine: Science Today
- Climate Change
- Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks
- Quantum Entanglement and Communication
- Evolution and Medicine
- Bioscience, Medicine and the Media
- Fake Journals, Fabricated Images, False Reviews and Financial Incentives
- Make Yourself Clear: Advice for Scientists
Science and Government
- Government Repression of Science: Examples from Home and Around the World
- Science and Congress
Biomedical Science and Social Justice
- Race, Ethnicity, Gender: Challenges for the Biomedical Sciences